Friday, January 18, 2013

Movement-Forward

This week has continued to be productive.  I have taken two loads to the thrift store.  Yesterday's took up half their conveyor belt.  I hate to think I am on a first name basis with the guy who sorts the stuff. One lady brought in a small bag and looks at the belt and says "oh someone is cleaning house!"  Um, yah.

And I still have a ton of stuff.  Eldest son says "the pile has dropped at least 2 feet!"  He is right.  I don't know what the fine line between too much junk and hoarding is but I am hoping I can say I haven't passed that line.  There isn't dirty dishes, cat poop, moldy food laying around.  But there is just piles of stuff I have bought at yard sales, the same thrift store I'm hauling it all back to (on their 50% off everything sales), some of the price tags still on it.

I had planned on reselling it all.  I had an etsy store and put it on there in increments.  But when it takes a year to sell something and then I have to spend two days LOOKING for it I decided I just cannot do this anymore and closed the store.  Now most that stuff isn't even here anymore.

Yesterday I put three things on eBay for the first time in forever!  All have watchers.  I hope they sell.  If not they too will be packed up and donated.  At first I thought I'll give each item two listing max before I dump but now it is one.  You don't go you are out of here.  I am hoping to help raise money for my kitchen.

I also came across the book "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Big" LOL.  I totally forgot I had that one and it deserves a read, because YES clutter does make your butt big.  If you can't cook a decent meal and eat only garbage if you are like me there she blows.   I get no sympathy from my husband though as all he eats is junk food and  never gains an ounce.  Anyway, read it and then  pass it on to bless someone else.

Today I would like to tackle my books and model horses.  The horses will get boxed up in tubs and the books stacked to be gone through and donate.  I tried to do this yesterday but was so burned out from the week I took a partial break.

No comments:

Post a Comment