Friday, January 11, 2013

Peace and Love

I am having a difficult time getting around the web these days due to one son's girlfriend thinking  my satellite works like her ever flowing cable at school and she has sucked all my bandwidth making it near impossible to do anything online.  Despite trying to explain it to her she thinks tomorrow it will be better and she can finish downloading her Rosetta Stone.  I have learned how to unplug the wi-fi.

But I digress.  Son and I have put a big dent in my mess.  I have discovered that a good portion of it is not my stuff but husbands!  No surprise there.  He has several barns, sheds, the basement, the 2 acres out front, some behind the barn all junked up with his treasures he drags home from work.  But I have now covered and surrounded the sofa with his stuff, tools, clothes, books, catalogs, calendar, seven empty gun cases (!!-so we have seven guns????) etc. etc. etc.

I have made three trips to the thrift store with stuff.  I am reading slow and steady but right now I can put a huge dent in things because this is all stuff I bought to resell online. Some has never been unboxed from the thrift store/yard sale I got it from so I don't even look, I just reload it back into the car and take it back.

I have a table with things I am listing to eBay.  If not listed by Feb. 1st or sold in two listings it is gone.  I am going to start them all at .99 and donate the money to my friend who does wildlife rehab.

I brought all this stuff home when I was in a really bad place in my life.  I just wanted out of here but didn't have the money to do it.  So I allotted x-amount to use to buy this stuff to resell to help raise that money.  That worked as long as I wanted to wait forever.  Some stuff I have had listed for over a year and it will finally sell.  I just do not have the place to store it all and just sick of it anyway.  Additionally I am reclaiming back my soul and instead of running I am taking my house and life back.  Time to quit letting my husband walk all over me and dictate my life.

SO...I have decided on my kitchen arrangement and flooring.  I have no kitchen, 17 years of three mismatched salvaged countertops on 2x4's and subflooring I cannot clean unless I scrub it on hands and knees.  Enough is ENOUGH!  I cannot live like this anymore.  No one comes to see us because the place is such a dive and it shouldn't be.  Just because one of us doesn't care and the other is waiting for him to care...enough!!  I'll be dead first.

So yes, hundreds of useless things out of here to bless someone else.  It is going to start getting hard before too long and I am preparing for that.  That is when I will slow down to really having to analyze and deal with my emotions.  As I can see, it is emotional now and not in a good way.  I hope it starts to bring peace and love which is all I want anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment